What is Raindrop Therapy?
Raindrop Therapy is a truly remarkable procedure that combines a variety of energy medicine and natural medicine modalities. Developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980’s, it includes the use of several anti-bacterial essential oils (both as aromatics and as direct topical agents) using effleurage or finger-stroking, massage through a series of specific techniques for the spinal muscles, and moist heat via a warm compress. Since its development over 20 years ago, it has brought relief to thousands suffering chronic back pain and has saved many from expensive surgical procedures.
Despite initial skepticism, as the years have gone by and dramatic positive results continue to accumulate, study after study has supported and verified the principles upon which Raindrop Technique is based. As this research accumulates, it is becoming clear that the elements of Raindrop Technique not only help heal the spine but also significantly benefit other body systems, including the mental and emotional function of the brain.
“For over a decade, I have watched professionals–from chiropractors to osteopaths, medical doctors, naturopaths, physical therapists and massage therapists–apply this technique with profound response and success.”
– D.Gary Young, ND
What are the Benefits?
- Raindrop Technique helps reduce pain.
- Raindrop Therapy helps reduce inflammation.
- Raindrop Technique helps improve circulation.
- Raindrop Therapy can help prevent the bacterial and viral causes of spinal misalignment, including scoliosis and kyphosis.
- Raindrop Technique helps to relieve stress.
- Raindrop Therapy helps improve immune function.
- Raindrop Technique can facilitate the release of pent-up negative emotions.
In short, the benefits of Raindrop Technique go well beyond the physical benefits of massage. Indeed, it can help improve every aspect of life, physically, mentally, and emotionally, often immediately relieving pain and restoring physical well-being. Moreover, it can set in motion healing processes that will last for weeks or even months.